Recipe | Caramel apple cupcakes.

3 November 2012


Hello pretties! I hope you all had a lovely Halloween. I spent the evening in with my family watching Halloween 5 and Let The Right One In. I've seen the Halloween movie sooo many times but I still love them all!

Today I have this yummy recipe for you, which was taken from French For Cupcake. Now mines look nowhere near as perfect as hers, but they taste amazing! They are filled with chopped pieces of apple and a secret caramel filling. Let me know if you give them a try, they make the perfect winter cupcakes!



Makes 12 large cupcakes.

2 eggs
225g caster sugar
110g softened butter
125g plain flour
150g self-raising flour
120ml milk
1tsp vanilla extract
1 large red apple
Caramel (I bought the Carnation kind)

For the buttercream:
500g icing sugar
60g softened butter
30ml milk
1tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
2. Mix the eggs, butter and sugar together. Then sieve in the plain flour and the self-raising flour.
3. Gradually add the milk and then the vanilla extract.
4. Finely chop up your apple (take all the skin off too) and then add it into the mix. 
5. Pop the mix into your cupcake cases, making sure to fill about 2/3 of the way.
6. Bake them for about 20 minutes. They should be slightly golden, but give them the cocktail stick test too.
7. Leave them to cool.
8. Cut a little square out the middle of the cupcakes, and add some caramel.

Buttercream:

1. Combine the icing sugar and butter in a bowl, whilst gradually pouring in the milk and mixing. 
2. Add the vanilla extract.
3. If the mix is too stiff, add an extra touch of milk. Likewise, if your mix goes too runny, add some more icing sugar.
4. Add food colouring of your choice.
5. Use a piping bag & nozzle to add the buttercream to your cakes.

Like in the recipe I followed, I made little leaves out of fondant and added Twiglets to look like the stalks. I think this makes the perfect finishing touches! 





Join the conversation!

  1. wow, it looks too cute to eat! =D sooo yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe, looks like alot of fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cakes never look as neat as this- you must have a lot of patience and steady hands! They look gorgeous Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they look just perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally amazing, thanks for the recipe girly!

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these look amazing! You are such a talented lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute and they look so delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so pretty and delicate! Great recipe and photos. Definitely going to try this out! x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look incredible!! How amazing! I want to definitely try and bake these!

    Aimée x
    http://xthelostgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled across your blog and these look AMAZING :)

    Check me out if you get a mo; vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ayeeee these are perfect! Love how they look :))
    I should bake more often ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg these look amazing! i think i'm going to have a go at making these myself (:

    L x

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.