Birthdays, contacts & other things.

22 January 2020



Throughout November/December/January are pretty much ALL the birthdays. After my sister's and dad's, is Stuart's. Once he had opened his gifts, we played some trivial pursuit (and dobble - trust me, get on this people) and ordered pizzas from La Favorita. Afterwards we went to see the new Star Wars movie which I thought was good! But then I'm not a super fan so couldn't tell you what was bad about it haha. Also we did this for his birthday two years ago so I guess you could say it's been a cute sort of tradition.


If only the photos could capture how competitive we all get even though we say we're not...


My ratties have been doing all the snuggling whilst I do all the yoga. Currently making my way through Yoga with Adriene's 30 day challenge (after dipping in and out of random practices throughout last year), and it's one of my favourite parts of the day. I just love the way it makes me feel and massaging my back into the floor is one of the greatest feelings EVER. I included the photo above to show her dog Benji's cute face haha. 

Also I completely adore these eye leggings I got on eBay, perfect for yoga!


Then came my (30th!) birthday in January. After thinking I wasn't getting cake, Stuart surprised me with the best one ever. Vegan vanilla chocolate chip from Sugar Daddy's Bakery. Plus adorable dinosaur candles of course.


We headed down to a bar called The Lioness of Leith afterwards for drinks and snacks. I actually don't drink much alcohol at all anymore so mines was an alcohol free cocktail which was delicious.


Enjoying lots of beautiful scenery on my walks as usual.


I tried to make rice paper rolls...tried being the word haha. Don't get me wrong they were really tasty, I just don't think my rolling skills are up to scratch and they looked huuuuge. Inside I had rice noodles (double rice baby), tofu marinated in sesame oil/tamari, cucumber & carrot. I dipped them into mild sweet chilli sauce too.


One of the last things I needed to swap out to cruelty free was contact lenses. It wasn't even something I'd considered to be honest, and I haven't actually used any in the past year. I used to wear contacts every single day and whilst I won't be going back to using them as frequently, I wanted some for days when I didn't feel like wearing my glasses. I saw Daysoft lenses advertised online and they are a completely vegan brand! Nothing is tested on animals and another big bonus is they're much cheaper than all the leading brands. I've used mines a handful of times now and I completely recommend them.


I also treated myself to this pretty eyebrow brush (after using a lip? brush to do mines for the past while haha). Again, Spectrum brushes are vegan and cruelty free.


Claire x

Join the conversation!

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.