My favourite vegan pancake recipe.

18 March 2019


So I've tried a few pancake recipes over the past couple of months, and they've all been yummy in their own way. Up until the moment I made these ones for the first time, my go to recipe was one by Deliciously Ella (still good btw). But these are chunkier...fluffier...and somehow not as sickly sweet - even with added agave into the mix.

I've made these for myself many times now, and also for my boyfriend and sister who both loved them. Always remember..."friends cancel plans, pancakes don't".


Here's what you need (this makes 5 thick pancakes) -

  • 100g oat flour (just blend up oats in a blender)
  • 50g plain flour (I use gluten free)
  • 1 very ripe, mashed banana
  • 180ml almond milk 
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed or 1.5 tbsp chia seed
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2-3 tbsp agave syrup 
  • Pinch of salt

It really is as easy as throwing this all in a bowl together and whisking everything up. Then melt some coconut oil in a pan and use about 2-2.5 tbsp of the mix for each pancake, cooking them for a couple of minutes on each side.

Of course the fun part is choosing toppings. For the ones above I heated up some frozen cherries, sprinkled on desiccated coconut, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, some more agave, and a generous helping of peanut butter.


Claire x

Join the conversation!

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.