London reminiscing (the food version).

22 April 2020


Whilst in the middle of reminiscing through some photos, I realised I'd never shared a lot of these delicious vegan food ones from my last trip to London...seems a crime not to! When I went I had just transitioned from being veggie to veganism a few months before (February is my veganniversay), so I went armed with a list of specific places to try and I think we got to most of them. All photos from 2018.


Of course I went back to The Breakfast Club to get some pancakes (think I've been on every single London trip). Our favourite location is the Hoxton one and I swear its decor gets even cooler each time. The pink diner booth area is particularly cute. I went for the vegan pancakes with berries (which just so happen to be gluten free as well) and they were sooooooo good. I also had lots of peach iced tea.


Whilst we were exploring Camden for the afternoon, we visited Young Vegans -  I really liked their dark aesthetic. I got one of their steak and ale pies along with some mash of course (fyi mash is one of my favourite foods in the world). 


After seeing these donuts all over social media and drooling, I just knew I had to grab one from Doughnut Time. I'm pretty sure the one we visited was in Soho as I remember it was pride weekend and everything was c.r.a.z.y. It was hard to decide which one to go for but it ended up being Stifler's Mom which was filled with blueberry pie jam. 

Everything is okay now as Edinburgh has Considerit and my donut wishes can be fulfilled.


I was so excited to try Purezza's delicious vegan pizzas! It may look a bit boring but I'm really not big on vegan cheese, I find most of them really sickly and just feel it ruins things for me. So I went for their simple marinade pizza and it was amazing. 


Being honest here, I was suffering from pretty bad sunstroke on this morning and ended up feeling very very sick haha. I don't think the bowl of sugary chemicals in front of me helped matters, but physical feelings aside, Cereal Killer Cafe is such a cool wee place. It was so perfectly nostalgic to be surrounded by old video tapes, cute/creepy toys and video games.


Well, I'm certainly hungry now. Really looking forward to visiting London again in the future and trying even more of the yummy vegan food on offer.


Claire x

Join the conversation!

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.