God Help The Girl.

17 August 2014



Jacket, trousers & necklace | H&M
Top | River Island
Shoes | Primark
Bag | Monki

If you follow me on instagram you'll have seen this outfit already (sorry!) but I thought I may as well pop it on my blog :) I wore this last night to go watch Stuart Murdoch's (of Belle and Sebastian) first movie, God Help The Girl. OH MY GOD. It was sooooo amazing! I've completely fallen in love and it's already made it's way into my top 10 movies for sure.

It's basically a musical movie set in Glasgow featuring lots of Belle and Sebastian and God Help The Girl songs. Every single outfit the main character (played by Emily Browning - serious girl crush!) wore was perfection. She wore collars and cute mini dresses like nobodies business. Olly Alexander (who p.s. is a wonderful singer and has a super cool band, see below) was his usual adorable/handsome self too. I don't think it's out in cinemas properly until next week but I highly recommend you go see it! xo



Join the conversation!

  1. Ahhh my friend was in God Help The Girl, so I'm really excited to see it! Good to hear that you enjoyed it x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so cool, jealous! Yeah it's amazing I'm sure you'll love it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Emily Browning is so pretty, I might take a look at this movie! and I also love your outfit, I'm currently looking for a jacket like yours, and your shoes are also very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is such a babe, can't believe she's 25 though! Thank you sweetie, I hope you find the jacket you're looking for :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so looking forward to seeing this, Olly + Emily + Hannah = ultimate dream team. Your outfit is super cute too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more, they're perfect! Thanks lovely <3

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit!!
    I definitely want to check out the movie. The photo looks so beautiful
    I wish I could dress like that

    Pls check out my blog <3 It would mean so much to me
    http://bcfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's nothing stopping you from dressing in lovely retro outfits, go for it :D xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, this sounds like such a wonderful film, but I've had a look online and it only seems to be on in the GFT in Glasgow and it stops running on Thursday :( I was completely won over when I read it's a musical film set in Scotland - ahhh, how amazing! Plus I have a bit of a soft spot for Hannah Murray.

    Oh, and you look absolutely smoking in that outfit, lovely. Monochrome and leopard print perfection.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.