A perfect Sunday.

25 February 2019


I really think one of the most perfect ways to spend a Sunday in Edinburgh (or probably anywhere) is to take your time wandering around bookshops, museums and going for some tea and cake. 

Armchair Books is such a magical little place which makes you feel like you've stepped into a different world. It's like a maze of books, and I'm more than happy to get lost in there. It definitely has a different charm to some of the other book shops.



I have such fond memories of visiting the National Museum every single weekend when I was younger. Though quite a few things have changed it still gives me that same warm, happy feeling. We got there quite late in the afternoon so didn't have as long as we would like to look around. That meant one thing - go explore the animal section! And the crystals, of course ;)


Then it was time for a snack. Originally we wanted to pop into Pumpkin Brown but sadly it was closed. I say sadly, but it was okay because Hula is amazing. Lots of different vegan and gluten free cakes to choose from, and of course all the cosy cups of tea. I ordered a peppermint tea and Stuart ordered a green tea - I'm not sure how but it wasn't until the second cup that we both realised we were drinking each others haha. I had a raspberry/coconut slice which was so good.


And here's what I came home with. This beautiful raw blue cheesecake caught my eye so I had to get a slice. It was blueberry, peanut butter and spirulina flavoured. I think they had a chocolate one as well so I might have to try that next time.

The book collection was a wonderful little find, I'd had the main book 'The Four Agreements' on my wish list for ages. I've started that one already and look forward to enjoying the other two.


Claire x

Join the conversation!

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.