Horrors I've watched recently.

21 October 2019


In dedication to the month of Halloween, here is a selection of horror movies I've watched recently - whether good or really bad, I wanted to feature them all. I'm saving some of my favourites for the next couple of weeks (looking at you Michael Myers).



Messiah of Evil (1973) - This film has that kind of weird atmosphere to it...the type that makes you feel really uneasy deep down and you're not sure why. It doesn't even seem like very much happens but everything that does has such a sinister undertone. I love the setting by the seaside and the styling is amazingly cool.


The Strangers: Prey at Night (2018) - I loved the first Strangers film, so simple but really creepy. I definitely didn't find this one as scary, but if you want a fun horror in which there is a pool knife fight whilst Total Eclipse of the Heart plays then this is the one for you.


Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994) - I'm sorry, but what the actual hell is the movie. It's completely ridiculous, loud and weird. Leatherface is a crossdresser and Matthew McConaughey's character has a robotic leg. Also the illuminati is involved. It's one of those terrible horrors I somehow enjoyed.


The Tenant (1976) - This is maybe more of a psychological thriller but the way in which the main character's sanity slowly disappears fits the horror category for me. Especially when the realisation of the ending sets in. It's shot really beautifully, in Paris, too.


A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - I remember watching this particular Freddy movie at a sleepover and being terrified. It's one of the best in the series for sure. It's set almost entirely in a mental health hospital which adds to the creepiness factor. As always, fucked up deaths all around...I just love the imagination in these films.


Psycho (1960) - A classic that I'd never fully seen. I'd watched quite a bit of Bates Motel a while ago and have to say he gets the Norman Bates character spot on. He's weird but seems so nice. I really enjoyed this and it's making me want to watch more black & white movies.


The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) - Another Polanski. One of Stuart's picks...again this gave me the same uncomfortable feeling as Messiah of Evil...but worse somehow? There's something about certain old weird movies that just doesn't sit right with me haha surely I'm not the only one. Vampires, sped up chases and lots of snow - I enjoyed it but I didn't love it.


Claire x


Join the conversation!

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.