Recipe | Blueberry cupcakes with pink vanilla frosting.

25 July 2012




Bonjour! Hope you're all having a nice day, it's lovely weather here in Edinburgh - sunny but not too hot. Early in the afternoon I went to see the new Batman movie ahhh, perfect, I could gush on forever about it. So many beautiful men playing amazing roles. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of my top crushes ever, I'm really excited to see if he will become a certain superhero.

Anyway, today I have a post about these yummy cupcakes which I've been mentioning. I was in the mood for something with berries, and in the end we chose blueberries. They created such a lovely consistency within the cakes. And our frosting ended up pretty thick but it's yummier that way! These would also be great without the frosting as breakfast muffins.







Makes 10 large cupcakes/muffins.

For the cakes:

155g sugar
125g unsalted butter
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 eggs
225g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

For the frosting:

250g unsalted butter
575g icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Few drops red food colouring

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
2. Mix together the sugar & butter until smooth, then add the orange juice, eggs, flour and vanilla, continuing to mix.
3. Fold in the blueberries with a spatula.
4. Spoon the mixture into cake cases and place in the oven for around 20 minutes (do the cocktail stick check to see if they're ready).
5. Leave them to cool.
6. Prepare icing making sure you have let the butter melt to room temperature before starting.
7. Place the butter in a bowl and gradually add the icing sugar, milk and vanilla, and beat it until light and fluffy.
8. Pop the icing in a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
9. Decorate however you wish but a simple blueberry placed on top looks nice!





Join the conversation!

  1. These look so perfect and the icing looks yummy. What nail polish are you wearing? I think I need it :) x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! :) ooh those are my sisters nails haha, she was wearing barry m 'pink flamingo', it's really lovely! x

      Delete
    2. It's such a nice colour, I don't know how I haven't noticed it before :) x

      Delete
  2. they look delicious! love this post and the photo quality is gorgeous :) i know how you feel about the dark knight rises, i saw it today and am still trying to process it all.. amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i really appreciate your compliment on my photos, i have major ocd about them looking just right haha :) yesss definitely! so many fantastic & magical scenes xo

      Delete
  3. ahhhhhhhh no haha how could you! I'm trying to eat much healthier but now you've got me in a baking mood! haha! they look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i'm so sorry! ;P just treat yourself and give in to baking something yummy! thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I love your blog!

    I follow you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are soooo yummy looking! i want!

    oh and please join my giveaway over here: http://www.robotsintrouble.com/2012/07/giveaway-20-gift-card-to-skincarerx.html

    -abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so yummy... you're making me hungry xo
    Love Chloe x x x
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! And I bet they taste DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm these look scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious! I love the recipe, you did such a good job and the photos are really beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i really appreciate that :) x

      Delete
  10. Love your blog, started reading! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cakes look to die for, YUM!

    http://its-just-a-bit-fruity.blogspot.co.uk/

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They came out so cute! I have some blueberries that I used for pancakes, maybe I can whip up some cupcakes after we finish our carrot cake!

    Your blog is so cute, I love fashion and food and I am happy you do both.

    i'm a new follower and look forward to your upcoming posts :)

    check out my blog and follow if you'd like!
    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh blueberry pancakes, yum! i hope you did give these cupcakes a try then :) thank you so much for following! x

      Delete
  13. yummy cupcakes!! thanks so much for sharing your recipe :) hopefully I can make it as perfect as you did, most of the time I mess up the icing. hehe


    Hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so yummy! They've sold me completely, new follower :)

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk
    beauty reviews and an outfit posted today! Have a peak and follow me if you like it, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  15. they look gorgeous! mmm :)
    check out our blog maybe? xo
    smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my top chrush too! The cupcakes looks deliciuos, i'll try making them. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have wonderful taste then haha ;D thanks, i hope you do! x

      Delete
  17. I've been baking not so long
    ago, and these look ever so yummy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! i am going to attempt to makes these.

    YUMMY.

    Stephanie
    http://stephaniejw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum Yum!!!

    http://lovehatenostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look delicious! I'll be sure to try them out next payday ;)

    Your blog is adorable, I love it!

    xo. Nicole (your newest follower)
    http://abrokebride.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummm, these look so ridiculously good! The icing is such a pretty colour, and your photos are beautiful too!
    What nail polish are you wearing in the picture?
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much lovely! it's barry m pink flamingo :) x

      Delete
  22. I am so trying these out.
    What nail varnish are you wearing? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i hope you enjoy making them! the nail polish is barry m pink flamingo xo

      Delete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.