Soon the waves and I found the rip tide.

14 September 2012


Dress & belt | New Look
Shoes | Office
Bracelet | Gift 
Lipstick | Bourjois sweet kiss
Nails | Model's Own snow white, black nail art pen, and Barry M peach melba

Hey pretties! Thought I'd share this outfit with you all as it's what I wore to go see Beirut in concert the other night. I am completely in LOVE with them so I was beyond excited! I knew it would be a laidback kind of happy atmosphere (i.e. no sweaty jumping about) so I opted for this pretty Hawaiian-style dress from New Look.

The gig was beautiful, they played all my favourite songs and the main singer kept attempting a Scottish accent. Please listen to them if you haven't before, they make the most stunning music. Supporting them was Daughter who sing the most wonderfully sad songs. Overall I had such a lovely night in Glasgow with my friend even if we did get slightly lost to begin with haha (thank god for Google maps).

I've included a photo of my nails (which I painted about a week ago) so they're definitely chipping but I wanted to show you them. I love how these colours look together.




Join the conversation!

  1. I love that dress, and it looks so good on you. Sounds like a good night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! Plus your nails looks amazing - really professional x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress. <3
    pinned a few pictures from this post. http://pinterest.com/inesmeow/looks-from-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress Claire! ;) You always look good in any outfit you wear. :) Good night! xx

    rottennuke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dress is gorgeous!! And I love your nails.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing! such a beautiful dress and the nails are perfect! i love your tats too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thank you! and of course for your compliment on my tattoos :)

      Delete
  7. YOUR NAILS! So cool, seriously.
    You look adorable.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so cute on you! It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how pitch black your hair colour is, the dress is gorgeous too!
    A Closet of Chaos
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great printed dress and I adore the leopard print nails! X

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is so pretty and I love your tattoos x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is the most gorge thing ever, you make it look so retro and adorable! Sounds like you had a fab night too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, i was hoping for a slightly retro vibe :) xx

      Delete
  14. I am totally in love with you

    ReplyDelete
  15. LUCKY! I love Beirut :')
    I really like your nails, they look super nice!
    Also your dress is gorgeous and was the bracelet hand made?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yay a fellow fan! :) thank you! i'm honestly not too sure about the bracelet, it does seem hand made...hmm. i'm just happy to have something which fits my wrist, most bracelets fall off me haha xx

      Delete
  16. i love your dress! so cute and feminine and perfect for the summer :)
    love your nails too! i wish i had enough skill to do them so perfectly :p

    http://www.tseparfait.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! oh it doesn't take too much skill, you could definitely do it! :)

      Delete
  17. I love your nails, it was actually the first thing I noticed when I looked at your outfit :) the dress is so pretty too. Definitely my type of outfit!x

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look so gorgeous. that's a fantastic dress! <3

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.