Recipe | Chocolate brownies.

2 October 2012


Afternoon everyone! As I mentioned, on Saturday afternoon my sister and I baked some brownies. I'll just admit this now - I actually don't really like chocolate brownies. I always find them far too sickly and double chocolate anything just isn't my thing. But I still wanted to have a good recipe I could turn to should I ever want/need to make them. I can happily say that my boyfriend and everyone in my family loved them :)



   Makes around 9 or 18 brownies, depending on what size you prefer.

   100g dark chocolate, chopped
   85g milk chocolate, chopped
   115g unsalted butter, diced
   300g caster sugar
   1tsp vanilla extract
   2 large eggs, beaten
   100g plain flour
   50g self-raising flour
   30g cocoa powder

   Directions:

   1. Heat oven to gas mark 3, then grease and line a square tin with greaseproof paper.
   2. Heat the dark chocolate, 25g of milk chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
       Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
   3. Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs to the melted chocolate and butter. Mix to combine.
   4. Sift the plain and self-raising flours and the cocoa powder into the bowl and mix until smooth.
   5. Fold in the remaining milk chocolate.
   6. Spoon into the prepared tin, spread level and bake for 30-35 minutes (use a cocktail stick to check
       that they are still very slightly gooey in the middle, that's when they are perfect).
   7. Leave to cool in the tin and dust over some icing sugar if you like. Then cut into squares and serve
       with some ice cream or spray cream. Enjoy!




Join the conversation!

  1. These look amazing. I'm so so hungry now haha xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me very hungry ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate and these look amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious - can't believe you don't like them!!! Thanks for the recipe and instructions, will definitely give this a go sometime :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Those look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photographs and you've made me so, so hungry. I feel like I can actually taste them!x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literally drooling. I'm so annoyed I ate all the cooking chocolate haha

    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! I will definitely be trying out the recipe!
    -Taqhdees x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try this they look so delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look lovely, will definitely try this

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.