Current favourite beauty products.

23 February 2014



I've been sticking to a lot of the same products lately, mostly because I can't be bothered putting too much thought into deciding what to use. It's nice when you have lots of reliable, pretty products. I thought I'd share with you everything beauty related I'm loving at the moment, some of these are things I've had for a while and others are fairly new to me.



I've mentioned before how much I love this Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. After I finished my last bottle I didn't repurchase and kind of forgot all about it, but I don't know why because it's so amazing! The finish is beautiful and can definitely be built up for full coverage. Instead of going for the usual Collection concealer, I saw this Stay Time one by Seventeen and decided to give it a try. It's quite similar, very creamy and doesn't look cakey over any imperfections so I'm loving it so far.



If you watched my haul video, you'll know I picked up these new Revlon lip colours and have been loving them. The matte one is called Striking and is a lovely orange toned red, something I didn't have in my collection before. The lacquer one is called Whimsical and is a pretty, plum toned pink with flecks of shimmer. It really is a perfect day time colour! Something I wear non-stop, especially for days at work, is this pinky red toned lip balm by Maybelline. It smells amazing and looks so lovely.



Even though I'm always loving my Naked 2 palette, I decided to give my Sleek one some love lately. This is the Storm palette and features a mix of shimmers and mattes. The top two are shades were finished a long time ago now, so recently I've been using the bottom left shimmery brown and also the matte brown for over my lids. As you can see I've not been brave enough to use any of the pink or blue shades haha, brown and beige all the way.



I usually use another mascara under this for length, but this one creates such nice volume and is probably a second favourite of mine to Bourjois Volume Clubbing. I was using a black kohl pencil to create a subtle line for a while, but I've went back to using this amazing pen from Collection.



This is the best makeup cleanser I've ever used, I promise you will love it if you haven't tried it already. It feels so soothing on the skin and removes everything so easily. As it's been the colder months, I've been using a richer moisturiser, and this Moisture Match one by Garnier is perfect. I only use it at night though as it takes quite a while to sink in.



I've been wearing this Britney Spears Fantasy perfume a lot lately, as it's such a huge bottle (and was a total bargain) I don't feel guilty about spraying it so often. It smells like sweeties, and who wouldn't want to smell like them? I bought one of my favourite ever Impulse sprays after forgetting about it for ages, it just smells delicious. Again, I've mentioned this Nip + Fab body butter before, but recently it's regained it's way back to beside my bed so I can pop it on my hands at night. It definitely smells good enough to eat.

Do you share my love for any of these products? What have you been liking recently? xo

Join the conversation!

  1. Why don't I own any sleek palettes yet? They look so great. I also love fantasy, I need to repurchase it as my sister took mine 😡you're so right about baby lips in cherry me, it's the perfect one for work especially as I'm often outside in the wind so it adds a hint of colour and moisture too.

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you must treat yourself :) Haha my sister was forever borrowing my Midnight Fantasy bottle until she got her own as well. Glad you agree about this baby lips shade! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm addicted to the Baby Lips lip balm - such an easy way to add moisture and a hint of colour for days at work or when you want colour but you're feeling too lazy for full on lipstick! I really want to try the cleansing water - I'm intrigued!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so lovely for those lazy days! You definitely should, it's worth it :) xo

      Delete
  3. Love your make-up bag, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet scents so a big yes please to that perfume you've been wearing.
    I have Baby Lips lip balm in Peach but for some reason I still prefer Carmex (the one with a lime or vanilla twist). My lips are the driest shit ever :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I have to say it's not overly moisturising I just love the pretty colour, so that makes sense if you have really dry lips >.< High five for smelling like a bag of sweets!

      Delete
  5. As soon as I saw your Instagram post with the Garnier Micellar water I went out and bought it from Boots on 3 for 2! I actually bought 2 even though I hadn't tried it yet, because everyone was rating it so highly when I did a quick search. I'd been thinking about trying a new one as I wasn't happy with the L'oreal version anymore. I absolutely love the Garnier one and I'm so glad I got it, so thank you!! :) I love your make-up bag, it's so sweet. I stick to pale sort of neutrals for my eyeshadow too haha, pale gold is my go to colour :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try some of these products for ages but I always forget to pick them up. I hope this weekend I'll remember your post and actually buy them :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation as well! I want to try the Revlon matte lip balms, they look so pretty.
    xo

    moonrivergirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.