A little beauty haul.

13 March 2016


I'll start this post by saying that I'm trying to be as conscious as I can when buying beauty products from now on. I've always wanted to only buy things which are not tested on animals, and I feel like now is the right time to try and change that. However, I'm realising how difficult it is to really know as most companies/products which say they are cruelty free are actually owned by parent companies who aren't....argh. So I know that some of the products here are therefore not officially cruelty free, which is so frustrating. Anyway, I still wanted to put this post up but if you have any advice please leave it below :)

The stars of this post are the Barry M Flawless products. When I first tested the foundation on the back of my hand (palest shade of course), I thought it might be a little too dark but it's actually perfect. It lasts really well and gives such a nice finish. The primer smells so lovely and I do think it makes a difference in how my makeup looks. Either way, it feels nice on the skin.

Everything I've ever tried from Superdrug's own skincare ranges has always impressed me. The Naturally Radiant range is just lovely. I've also tried the night cream and their 2 in 1 moisturiser/serum and I just love the herbal smell these products have.

Whilst the Impulse vanilla spray and Original Source lemon shower gel do smell amazing, I won't be purchasing them again. This switch will take me a while I know, and I still have a lot of products to use up or get rid of, but it is something I do really care about and so I will make as much effort as I can.


Claire xx

Join the conversation!

  1. The Superdrug skincare range is surprisingly good, I love their hot cloth cleanser! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I used to be obsessed with that especially in the winter months! x

      Delete
  2. Aww, yay I'm so glad you've decided to go cruelty free! You feel so much better for it :) literally Superdrug own brands are my life saver, such good quality!

    Zelah ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gurl! Yeah I can tell already that I will :) I know it's all such good value for money as well! x

      Delete
  3. the barry m face products look so cute!

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Write to me:

Latest Instagrams

© Claire Walker. Design by FCD.